Monday 27 June 2011

It rained all the way there!

Despite the title the day wasn't a complete washout. It rained for virtually the whole journey down to Bridlington. I almost when straight on to my Dads when I got about 30 mins from Brid. I'm glad I didn't.

On arriving at the RSPB site at Bempton Cliffs I decided to go and reccie the potential rather than trapse all the way to the cliffs and discover you couldn't photograph anything. I could hardly contain my excitement after I saw the cliffs. Very photogenic and bags of potential. So back to the car. 1D Mark 2, 600mm lens, 2x converter, tripod and Wimberley- sorted!

There's so much to see and photograph there. Managed around 3 hours before I set off back home. Puffins, Gannets, Razorbills and Guillimots are prolific as are all manner of gulls. Birds can be seen courting, nesting and inflight. Plenty of nestlings to be seen. It'll probably be better mid week when there aren't so many day trippers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment